One of the things I have found recently with working long hours is that when I need food I need it quickly, the problem is I love food with deep rich tastes and flavours and can’t eat something tasteless. I love garlic and anything spicy. This pasta dish is super quick and super yummy, its gluten-free, dairy free & vegan too when making some substitutions.
I am gluten-free so use gluten-free fresh chickpeas pasta but you can use any pasta you like as a substitute but I recommend fresh pasta for maximum quickness.
* 2 portions of pasta of your choice (See packaging for serving size)
* 6 Roma Tomatoes – Diced
* 4-6 cloves garlic chopped finely – Depending on how much you like garlic
* 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive oil
* 1/3 cup fresh basil chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (less if you don’t like spicy food)
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* A good few grinds of fresh ground pepper
Heat oil in a frying pan, add chilli flakes, garlic, salt and pepper.
Cook for 1 minute (don’t brown the garlic).
Cook pasta in a separate pan.
Add the tomatoes to the frying pan and cook till tomatoes start to wilt.
Add Basil and cook for 1 more minute.
Finally add cooked pasta to frying pan and toss in sauce.
This can be done with cherry tomatoes instead so I sometimes substitute with cherry tomatoes that have been roasted for an hour or 2 in a 250 F oven (like sun dried tomatoes). I do this at the weekend and then store in the fridge in a sandwich box.
Let me know if you try it and how yummy yours is!